This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rockshaft Travel

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14004
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub
1961 Cub
JD 790

Rockshaft Travel

Postby Roy » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:50 am

I have a '55 cub with a snowplow that lifts the front up just fine, but when I attach the same plow to my '61 cub, it barely lifts it an inch. The rockshaft on the '55 travels forward further than the '61 . Is there any way to adjust the forward / backward travel of the rockshaft for the '61 ?
Thanks
Roy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:37 pm

I would dare guess you have bigger issues than a simple adjustment, unless of course you've overlooked the simple and obvious:

You can install travel limiters on the control lever. Is the limiter preventing you from pushing the lever forward as far?

Is the touch-control unit full of hydraulic fluid?

Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14004
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub
1961 Cub
JD 790

Postby Roy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:11 am

Matt

Thanks for your reponse. The limiters on the control lever are not set. Also, I checked the fluid and it was OK.

I researched the touch control on Rudi's Web Site ( thanks a million Rudi for all your time & effort ) and found GSS-1024 of the Blue Ribbon Manuals has some adjustments on page 32 including control rod with adjustable yoke and a control valve operating lever stop. I'll read the manual over when I get time and see if they apply to my problem.

thanks again
Roy

Return to “Farmall Cub”