Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:36 am

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYpNrbyKCA

Re: Solar Powered Cub?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:34 am

That's pretty cool

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 am

While it is not practical for farming, The kind of thinking of this man and others like him are making big progress toward helping the energy problems we will soon be facing. The money he spends on each of these projects totals quite a bit more than the purchase and operating cost of my vehicles for as long as I have or expect to own most of them.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the video Rick. I remember this from a few years ago, but never followed the information. Looks like he has things dialed in well for his use. All things have to start somewhere and then technology builds from there.

Rick

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:44 am

He's here in Maine. I have met him and seen the Cub. This guy is very passionate about what he does and loves to tell his story. he's a real nice guy and it's neat to see any Cub utilized.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:22 pm

I think he is going in the right direction. When the grid finally stops sending power to us and the oil wells run dry we really don't have much of a choice to get back to the land and grow our own food to survive. The only resources we have is wood and solar it will be there forever if we manage our wood lots and go solar. Its time to get started doing something before its too late. Its just the old boy scout in me to be prepared and take nothing for granted that it will last forever. I guess our generations/lifetime will be challanged more in the near future.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Micah:

It would be nice if we could actually get him on the forum and he could walk us through what he did with his cub. It really is diferent. I know there have been all kinds of discussions about this particular Cub ever since the first video of the Solar Cub was on YouTube. Probably has been around for 2 or 3 years now. I am sure many of us have all kinds of questions about his Cub.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Pretty Interesting. 5 or 6,000 for the Golf cart. I imagine the Cub probably closer to 10,000....

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:44 pm

with all the batteries needed I don't think weights would be required !!!

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Rudi,

I can try to track him down and invite him to the forum...

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Micah:

that would be good :big smile: