This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gas Caps

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:14 pm

Sent my form in sept.15, got'em today.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Rudi

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:05 pm

Thanks for the paint tips. Will get my rattle cans this weekend. Time to spruce up my Cub a bit over the weekend. Supposed to be clear and in the lower 70's. Not the best temps, but workable.

Muchos Grasious! (Don't know French except the yellar mustard and don't know a whole lot of Spanish except jalepaneo).

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:27 am

Thanks.
I got my cap tues as I was on my way out the door to the country to visit my cub. It looks great with the high cap.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby KYMike » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:44 am

Care to share this gas cap euphoria?
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:51 am

Mike, I don't know if you are aware of Navistar's gas tank cap replacement program or not, but to shorten it as much as possible, as part of a settlement of a lawsuit involving fires / explosions on older IH tractors related to pressure building up in gas tanks, Navistar agreed to furnish free replacement caps to anyone who needed them as long as they furnished the serial number and model of the tractor they were getting the cap for. If you click on the link below it will take you to a copy of the form which you can print out and send in if you need a cap. The new caps are taller and are double vented.
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Free%20Gas%20Cap.jpg
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby KYMike » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:53 am

Thanks very much, BD. That's just we needed to know.

Mike
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:57 am

Several years ago there was a large lawsuit over Ih gascaps leaking and causing fires. As a result there is a replacement safety cap availble free that drastically reduces pover flow and sloshing problems. Go to Rudi's web site and click the link" Free gas cap from Navistar" there is a form you can print and mail in. Usually takes from 6 weeks to 3 months to get them. apparenty they just get them made up when there are enough orders. I printed a stack of the forms and left on the table at Cubarama. Jamie said there were a lot of people wanting them. the caps do look competly different thant the original. Kind of like having the top off a can of spray paint n top of the gas tank.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:58 am

Got mine this week too!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”