This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

new owner

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
doug
10+ Years
10+ Years

new owner

Postby doug » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:26 pm

I am the new owner of a 1949 cub with belly mounted hydraulic blade. My talents are less than the average backyard mechanic. So far, I've managed to clean it up some, and got it running OK. It's a real kick to drive down the street - it's a real kid magnet. I have several questions regarding brake replacement, gasket leaks etc. for anyone interested in helping out a beginner.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:43 pm

Doug, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your cub as much as the rest of us do ours. There are many tips and tricks and a lot of info accessable from the home page here at farmallcub.com. In addition, you will find at the top of this particular forum an announcement. Please take the time to read this as it will answer many questions for you. In addition, there are the cub FAQs on ATIS.net http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html . Be sure to read both pages of them. And last but not least is another wonderful site hosted by one of our own members - Rudi. http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html On this site you will find online access to the owner's manuals, parts catalogs and service manuals as well as many more tips, tricks and projects and some "How To" pages too.
After all of this, you will find the guys here to be very friendly and helpful. We will answer your questions the best we can and will walk you through anything you may encounter with your cub. You may even find that one of us lives close enough to you to offer some hands-on assistance if needed.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:49 pm

Doug:

First, welcome to the Cub Family :D and second welcome to the very best Forum on the net :!:

Being a less than less than average backyard mechanic, let me atest to the fact that this forum has some of the most helpful and knowledgeable people about Cubs in the world! They have helped me go from innocent newbie to someone who has a clue about what he might or might not be attempting.

They have taught me a lot. And over the last 2 years this Forum has grown tremendously both in members and in services/information that is available.

So please take this as a good first step in helping another new one to Cubs.

Please read this thread :New Members and Visitors, Please READ.

All the information you will need to start taking care of your new Cub can be found there - links to Cub FAQ's, Cub Info, Best of H.L. Chauvin and of course the Cub Manual Server which also has all of those links above as well as tons of Maintenance info and of course Service and Owners Manuals.

This is one of the improvements that the Forum has made of the last few years and it is one of the best.

Also, if you have questions on how to post pics and stuff, then the Message Board Questions Forum is the place to ask. This thread How to use BBCode (HTML) Tags in your messages will go a long way to answering most of the questions you might have.

As an afterthought, I would recommend bookmarking these links so that you won't misplace them.... I do.

Also, there are lots of us here who can help answer just about any question you might have. The guys are really top flyte in my book when it comes to helping out fellow cubbers.

Again, welcome to the Family and the best forum on the net :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:51 pm

Seems BD beat me to it and we doubled up on info. Well done BD!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”