This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Latest Project

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Latest Project

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:54 pm

Hi all:

Finally got it all finished. So I uploaded the Powerpoint presentation to the server. It is about a 2 meg file so should be reasonably quick even for dial-up users.

Rudi's Electrolysis Tank

Hope you enjoy it - input always welcome :!: :shock: :?

How else to make something better ifn nobody tells ya what to make better :!: :?: :roll: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:39 pm

Excellent Rudi! Beautiful descriptions and pictures. And a fine job on the project as well. Perhaps on your next one, you can add some steering to make it easier to move around.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:54 pm

:o "RATS" :o _ Powerpoint huh!?. Thats the format that wont work for me. I can click on any of the sidebar links to the left all down to 34 and get only a blank square with no picture. :o
Then came Bronson

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:16 pm

Rudi, That is Sweet! You should try to sell some of them.
I see you use regular old rebar as the sacrificial piece.
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Super!

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:01 pm

Super!

I'll be doing the same thing shortly, only I'm going to go "long and wide" because I want to submerge my whole Cub-22 Sickle Mower bar in a tank :)
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:23 pm

JB:

K, I tried this time to make the powerpoint presentation end user friendly and saved it as an html file. It should open just like any other web page.

If you can't open it, I will try to put it all in raw html and post that one ok?? It may take a day or two.

BUT - I am going to send you a pic of the finished tank !
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:31 pm

Ken:

Nah, don't wanna sell em. They are there for the making up.... another way to say thanks to everybody for all the help they have been to me.... and I think I am going to need some more very soon -- Granny has a problem...

Yup, re-bar. Durn good stuff, cheap too. My bil has lots of it left over from sign bases he has to weld up, some I have to straighten, some I don't. Makes for easy cleaning as well.

Thanks for the nice comments though, do appreciate.

You too BD and Allen :D :D

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:22 pm

Rudi
That!s a very nice and mobile setup.I like the way you cut out the top,helps hold the rebar in place and gives you a little more room to put stuff in. :wink: :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:52 pm

Rudi,
Congrats, you've built a better "mouse trap". :lol: :lol:
Your crafting skills are excellent, as are your cost controls.
Bet you build a nice cabinet too. My wife had cherrywood cabinets
put in our kitchen when we built our home. After I got the bill, I kept looking for gold inlays, knobs, etc. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
HR

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:55 pm

Bruce:

Thanks, but guess what :!: :?: It was basically your idea :idea: :idea: All I did was refine it a bit to suit my tastes and sense of asthetics :wink: :lol: It is burbling along real nice. Now if only I can find one of those old military DC power supplies that you can adjust the voltage on 8) Maybe spike it up to 10 or 15 amps and see what that does.

I guess that means a trip to Enfield and the surplus store don't it :?: :lol:

Allen:

Forgot to comment on your longer, wider deeper idea...

We have the same idea here. One thing that we do have available is used fish transport tanks. Heavy duty plastic, lids, inlets and outlets and double walled. They are 1,000 litre tanks and should fit a torque tube, whole rear end or a sickle bar nicely.... only problem, the ones I have found so far they want $100.00 for, so it may be a while. I am currently negotiating to get another style tank - hopefully for nothing.

Will post pics of both styles and you all can let me know which one you think is best.

And to those of you who haven't tried this process yet - hey, what you waitin for :roll: :lol: :? :shock: :lol:

And yes, some of us can get carried away with this :roll: :oops: :roll:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:03 pm

Harold:

If only we could afford cherry :cry: They want an arm, leg and two of our firstborn children to get enough cherry just to do the edging and doors for a average size kitchen. We have to make do with birch, maple and oak or pine --- gee hit me with a #9 :wink: :lol:

We get along, unfortunately I am a little behind on my honey do list as of late - still have 200 or 300 feet of oak baseboards, 7 oak doorframes and 3 oak windowframes to do as well as finish the walnut china hutch and her birch libraries....... gotta get cracking on them as well.

Thanks on the better mousetrap comment! Always try to do the very best. Next project that I have to have ready for next week is a gooseneck hitch for my potato digger. And I have a couple problems on Granny to do....

As for cost controls, I just try to use what I got hanging around. Sometimes I have the right stuff and sometimes I don't, but either way they will come in useful someday on another project.

I really would like to see some projects you fellers have been doing. They would be nice additions to the server and sure would help out our Cub friends.

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Electrolysis Tank Project

Postby Bill V in Md » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 pm

Rudi,

That's an awesome job. Looks like you covered all the bases. I'm in the process of making one myself, albeit not quite that elaborate. Excellent job on the electrical wiring box. I really like the drain you added also. One question - does the gunk tend to collect on the top so you can skim it off? Otherwise, with the long dead leg in your drain, it could plug up. But on second thought, you probably got enough head pressue to flush out any deposits. Keep up the good work. What's next - hot dip galvanizing?

Bill V.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:13 pm

Rudi
Any time you come this way,give me a days notice.So I can clear my calander :lol: BTW if you want to clean some sludge out before you drain your tank.I just disconnect everything and put a magnet on a piece of string.You will be surprised what you can pull out,before draining. 8) :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:37 pm

Bill:

Thanks, I appreciate. It certainly is nice to have an electrician buddy who drops stuff off!

Yup, not worried about plugging up at all. I filled the tank to determine what kind of head pressure there would be - wow! you should have seen the torrent that came out of that drain! Nothin is gonna get stuck in there.

Now ya got me thinkin'! I wonder what would be involved in a hot dip tank????? :roll: :roll: :lol:

I am trying to clean up my harddrive - found me sandblaster project so I think I will put that to a slideshow as well. Still have the spray wagon and the water wagon to build yet too :? :shock: :roll: :!: Time, all I need is time :!:

Bruce:

Will do on the notice - be a couple days most likely. As for the magnet trick - Princess Auto strikes again - extension magnet gets lost nuts/bolts and other sundry stuff out of the tank after I usually inadvertantly drop them into it.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:39 pm

johnbron
I think this is a free PowerPoint Viewer
http://www.rocketdownload.com/details/grap/5140.htm
Young man for work, old man for advice