PTO Question

Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:52 pm

I have a question concerning the PTO, as an option when these tractors were purchased new w/o a pto. I know there is a plate that covers the hole where the pto shaft exits the rear of the tractor. What was done about the hole where the shifter arm exits the tranny on the side?

Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:55 pm

A small freeze plug.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 pm

I should have included the parts manual, exploded view, in my search.
It appears it's of the kind that's in the front of the transmission, shaped like a dish and just taps in. Probably could make something similar.
I thought they may have just left the hole out of the casting for non pto tractors. Cadets probably have the plug too.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:52 am

hr's49cubyou can get freeze plugs in any size...NAPA or similar auto parts place

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:01 pm

Thanks artc,
I was thinking of turning a piece of brass with a slight taper, but if I can find one (11/16) or (13/16) at a parts store, I'll go that route.