This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

wiring the Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

wiring the Cub

Postby Kirk » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:05 am

To All,

It's been awhile since I've been on this forum. Mostly because my shop is not air conditioned and it's been way too hot to work on the cub.

I joined this forum this past year after we were given the cub which my wife's grandfather purchased new in'49. Being in it's original condition it had many leaks as well as a clatter in the tranny. Long story short, I tore her down (with the assistance of this forum) and replaced many seals, gaskets and 2nd/3rd gear. Then I stopped the project, before I reassembled her, because of the summer heat.

Now several months later I have just about got her back together. My problem is.....I can't remember how the wiring goes@#$!^& :oops: That is, where the battery wires attach as well as the generator and magneto wires. I've searched the manuals and have not found a clear depiction of the wiring.

What would be most helpful (I think) would be an up-close pic/s of the starter/magneto area. As well, the proper placement of the "ground" wire from the battery. Or is there a site that clearly shows the wiring?

Your help, as in the past, is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Kirk in Florida
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:45 am

Kirk, the schematic for wiring is on the cub FAQs at ATIS.net. I am attaching a link to the diagram:
http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq_2.html#q3

I realize it's not a picture of the actual wires but it may help. Once you know where the connection is electrically, it's not too difficult to figure out where it is physically.

This link: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Sketches%20or%20Plans/Cub%20Parts%20and%20Accessories/Battery%20Cables/index.htm will show you how I did my battery cables.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Wiring

Postby Bill V in Md » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:32 pm

Kirk,

In addition to the good info that Bigdog provided, the following link provides some photos of the actual wiring. Click on the images to enlarge. I believe you will be able to figure out the correct terminations by observing the wire markings, and by referring to the diagrams provided by Bigdog. The only photo I do not have is the ground wire, from the battery to the battery box. Let us know if you have any questions.........Bill V.
http://members18.clubphoto.com/bill662306/2633694/owner-cc5f.phtml
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:37 pm

Thanks Bill & Bigdog. Yall are the best!! :D

Kirk
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:01 pm

Perhaps this will also be of some help.

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Great looking tractor

Postby Kirk » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:53 pm

Don,

The picture is a HUGH help!!! Thanks so much.

Looks like a really nice restoration taking place as well.

Thanks Don

Kirk
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

Return to “Farmall Cub”