This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

whining transmission

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dutch1
10+ Years
10+ Years

whining transmission

Postby dutch1 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:25 am

I recently bought a cub. im not sure of the year yet because i havnet checked the serial #. My question is about the trans. it always whines when the clutch is disengaged. when i press the clutch the tractor sounds normal. Why is thsi and what do i do. thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:03 pm

Hi Dutch

I do not have the answer to your question, but I thought I read a post by you the other day that said you lived in N.H. Don't need to answer if you dont want. I was going to try to email you when I saw that message, but could not find a email address. Paul K. in N.H.

dutch1
10+ Years
10+ Years

wasnt me

Postby dutch1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:50 am

Paul
That wasnt me who posted that other messege. i live in new jersey
Jim

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: whining transmission

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:24 pm

dutch1 wrote:I recently bought a cub. im not sure of the year yet because i havnet checked the serial #. My question is about the trans. it always whines when the clutch is disengaged. when i press the clutch the tractor sounds normal. Why is thsi and what do i do. thanks in advance.
Does it also whine when the transmission is in neutral with the clutch up, or only when moving?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

dutch1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dutch1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:17 pm

It makes the noise only when the clutch is engaged either moving or still.
Jim

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:09 pm

The only thing I can think of that would cause a noise when it is in neutral would be either the front or rear main shaft bearing, or possibly the pto pilot bushing. If it is the pto pilot bushing it should stop when the pto is engaged.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”