This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tractor widths

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
troweller
10+ Years
10+ Years

tractor widths

Postby troweller » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:22 pm

I have a cub that I use for cultivating melons and hilling potatoes. I have the tractor set on 52 inch centers only because that the width of a Kubota L3010 that I used for planting potatoes. Is the narrowest width the best for cultivating single row crops such as melons, corn, and potatoes? I am wondering if I sould change for next year.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:58 pm

I think it is generally best to set the track equal to the width your rows are planted at. That keeps the wheels centered between the rows. But there can be quite a bit of leeway. If you use 2 different row spacings, you may be able to set the track somewhere between and have it work OK for both.

Return to “Farmall Cub”