This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thanks, I Think...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BA
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks, I Think...

Postby BA » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:47 pm

Boy, I hates bein' the rookie...

But I will say ya'll are kinder than the Gold Wing group I joined. I asked about blinking lights that aren't supposed to and they had me looking for blinker fluid. Worse than that, I darn near believed 'em. :?

Thanks for the conversation so far - that web site someone posted is a big help - at least I know what stuff is 'sposed to look like. The topics kinda started to stray after that (used to it from the bike group) but I'll keep checking - I'm not easily discouraged or offended and the GoldWIng guys REALLY tried... Maybe in a week or so I'll have some more specific questions to challenge the collective wisdom :D

I'm going to be tackling this piecemeal since I really haven't got anywhere to take it all apart and keep track of everything so it's gonna be a while. I'll mebbe find a 10 year old who's smarter than me (shouldn't be difficult) and post a photo or two along the way.

And I just might get totally hooked on doing this and get fanatical about it. Who knows? But I'm pretty much a functional kind of guy, so actually I expect that I won't, but I've said that before.

Stay tuned...
Larry Rose
MA, Dighton
1954 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:03 pm

That's ok, a clerk where I worked (Centurytel) waited for 4 days for a trailer load of dial tone we were expecting.

P.S. The blinker fluid for a cub is located in the see through container mounted to the bottom of the fuel tank.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BA
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BA » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:10 pm

Oh, yeah!!! I know that deal - I had a kid working for me a few years back who was kind of a wise guy. Sent him to the hardware store for collapsible nails, a block stretcher and left handed screwdrivers...he was gone for quite a while! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Larry Rose

MA, Dighton

1954 Cub

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Ouch...

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:14 pm

Fellas on the home-building crew send the newbie out for the "plank stretcher" :)
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:49 pm

Buddy at the ski-hill got sent out for checkered paint. :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

parts man wrote:Buddy at the ski-hill got sent out for checkered paint. :lol:

Like the Home Improvement episode where they custom mixed a gallon of "Al".

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby (CUB HUT) » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:27 am

Buddy of mine is still looking for A henway.
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Seriously...

Postby allenlook » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:28 am

Seriously BA - I hope you don't mind some of the idle banter that goes on during some of the list topics - there are some real nuggets of wisdom in most of the postings, and then just some real good friends taking well-intentioned pokes at each other from miles apart. 8)

I'm a very new list member, probably only a few weeks now, and I've asked some horribly, grievously, head-shakingly stupid questions, and been met with nothing but patience and an *incredible* amount of assistance. Probably my worst is asking how to re-sort the postings, when there's two big fat drop-downs at the bottom of the screen to do just such a thing - and I missed them completely! :oops:

I don't think there would be any other way to find out this kind of information without being able to ask the "Been-There-Done-That's" that frequent the board. And I *do* mean "frequent", I've made posts in every hour of the day except between 2 and 6 am, and gotten responses back in fairly short order. I'm very impressed by the "population" of the board, and being an IT guy, I'm more than impressed by their technical abilities (home networking / posting photos / posting manuals, etc.)

Anway - welcome again, and I hope you find the board as helpful as I have.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

BA
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BA » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:49 am

Hey, I really hope I didn't give the impression that I'm offended - it just strikes me SO SO funny :lol: that I went through the "newbie" syndrome about 10 months ago with the bike guys and, well, here we go again! I mean, they had me looking for stuff on my bike that is COMPLETELY made up :roll: and I'm not exactly an inexperienced mechanic (electrics, forget about it, but I know which end of a wrench to hold). I swore it was a conspiracy, but in the end there was sound advice, good conversation and friendships made and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

SO, no problems on this end - I enjoy the chatter and you learn about folks that way. And you are right - this is one of the savviest message boards I have ever seen - easy to use, easy to find stuff. Might direct some of my remote riding buddies to take a look and see what it should be like.

Glad to be aboard here in lovely Massachusetts :wink:
Larry Rose

MA, Dighton

1954 Cub

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:56 am

This is undoubtedly the best board I have ever participated in.
I wish every site was as helpful and friendly.
I guess "tractor people" are good people, and Cub owners are the cream of the crop.

Return to “Farmall Cub”