This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

This is something I have not seen

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

This is something I have not seen

Postby Bob Roraback » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:54 pm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:02 pm

Rotary hoe is good for very small weeds with shallow roots. To be efficient they must be run at high ground speed which allows it to flip the small weeds out of the soil while not causing significant damage to larger plants.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:06 pm

I have seen a picture of one in a manual somewhere. I believe it had a shield that went over the top to keep the dirt and rocks out of the driver. Would be a great conversation piece!

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:49 am

As usual, BD is right on...
The standard procedure around here was to get the Hot Rod kid who was interested in speed above all else, put him on a tractor with the M & W added gearing [stepped up the std IH first four gears by about 1.6X or so] show him where the fastest gear was that would pull the hoe, and then leave the field.
That was one place where the 'pop-pop' John Deeres had an advantge, wiht their fifth gear that was considerably faster than the IH 4th and yet had more pulling muscle than the 5th [road] gear of the IH 'H' or 'M'.
The hand clutch on the JD was something of a challenge for a boy that was raised in 'RED' tho... :lol:
Later, when the rotary hoe was mounted on a three-point, they did put shields on behind the driver. The old pull-type hoes I saw, however did not have such a shield.
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Return to “Farmall Cub”