This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hood Mystery Resolved

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Hood Mystery Resolved

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:13 pm

Finally got a chance to do some exploratory surgery on my '67. The hood is in worse condition than I presumed, but that's neither here nor there.

I was worried because it appeared that the holes that held the dogleg in place on the front casting wouldn't even come close to lining up. Turns out that I was worrying for nothing... I was trying to line the doglegs up with the wrong set of holes!!! D U M A $ $...

I missed the correct holes because they were filled up by twisted off studs. :( If anything, the doglegs are sitting too LOW.

Anybody know how long the dogleg bolts are? I think I can drill them out and tap them to 1/4", but it looks like they go straight into the lower radiator cavity.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:43 pm

Matt, they go toward the coolant tank, but not into the cavity. If memory serves, they are about 5/8-3/4" long.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:14 pm

Parts book says 10-24 x 3/8 slotted round head machine screws. The earlier tractors call for 1/2 long.

If you drill too deep, you will go into the lower tank.

Return to “Farmall Cub”