Poll ended at Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:09 pm

Red
92%
Black
8%

Total votes : 24

Color of Grille?

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:09 pm

I being indecisive about which color I should paint the grille for 49-1. I have painted some parts black such as the air filter cap, the touch control linkage and manifold, the starter, generator, and the fan blades.
Now that I have the grille all primed and ready for paint I can't make up my mind as to which color I should paint it, Red or Black.

Since I can't decide I thought I'd take a poll of the board and let you make my decision.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:23 pm

Donny, since you went unconventional with a lot of accent pieces don't chicken out now - BLACK! :twisted:

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:30 pm

Donny, If you really want to paint it the color of the members opinions I think you should paint it the color of %age of votes. I dont want to hear you scream like AlGore about the vote outcome either. Also I would like to know if you cleaned the (Hanging-Chads) off of the grille before you primed it?.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:39 pm

Donny,

This '48 may give you some idea... as faded as it is. When it gets re-painted, I'm sure the grille will be red. Black paint will be limited to starter and generator.

Either way, you won't be subject to arrest. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:48 pm

JB,

You liberals are all alike. I suspect you would want 1/3rd red, 1/3rd black, 1/6 white, and 1/6th a random color for furture use. :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

Mr. GW, I do like the black with the stainless hardware. As for being arrested, I'm innocent but it will still cost me $$$$$$$ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:51 pm

:?: Donny mentioned that he painted his air-filter cap and that reminded of a question I was going to ask awhile back but forgot. I notice in most pictures of 48-Cubs that they are sporting the domed top mushroom shaped cap. So I am assuming that the Flat-top round cap on My 48-Cub is not original.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:19 pm

RED, RED, RED :!: :!: :!:

Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:57 pm

An opinion on paint is like ath part of your body where you sit, everyone has one and they're all different. My personal preference is red, especially if the radiator is black.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:13 pm

Donny,

For asthetics quality only, I say Red.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:29 pm

Donny,
Red! 2150 red to be exact!

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:43 pm

:lol: :lol: Shoot hr, I haven't been exact on anything yet. I don't know why I should start now :lol: :lol:

I always say "yhw eb lamron" :?: :?: :?: :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:29 pm

For goodness sakes, paint it red!! And go back and paint all those black parts red too!!

(And WHATEVER you do, don't paint the front rims silver!!) :wink:

Al

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Chrome plate the sucker!!!!!!!! :D :D

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:43 pm

Originality says red. I like original.

You could always pick up another grill and paint it black so you can switch them. The OEM grills are not bad and come painted black.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:09 pm

Personal preference is Is RED :roll: :D