This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Well, I did it now....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Robert in G'bury, TX
10+ Years
10+ Years

Well, I did it now....

Postby Robert in G'bury, TX » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:11 pm

Hello All,

I have been visiting for a couple of years now & finally have a question.

I was mowing some tall (4' - 5') grass for my mother-in-law this past weekend with my '51 cub & 42" Woods mower. The front yard went well, but about the second time around the back yard, something went crunch and the PTO was no longer turning. I had the mower all of the way up, and was taking about a 2' wide cut per turn around the yard.

The PTO shaft & pulley seem to be a little further out the back than usual, but I wouldn't swear to that. I put the cub on my trailer & took it home. I then loaded up my F**d and finished with a bush hog.

Now my question: Does anyone have any ideas what I might have broken? I plan to tear into it this week, but was just wanting some ideas before I turned a wrench.

Also, is there anyone in the SW Fort Worth area that might be available for me to call on for advice?

Thanks,
\s\ Robert
'51 Cub w/ Woods 42 Mower
'49 Cub for parts

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:21 pm

Robert - I suggest you read the wise words at the attached link. It will tell you all about your pto.

http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq_2.html#q4
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:25 pm

Robert,

I'm in Oakwood, Texas about 2 hrs south of Fort Worth. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you a number to call if you get in trouble.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:20 pm

Hmmmm. :lol: :lol:
I know a Robert in Granbury......pulls a 5th wheel RV, just about everywhere he goes!! Even lives in it while his house is being remodeled.

Probably not the same, but welcome. You'll find this board friendly and very helpful.

Robert in G'bury, TX
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Robert in G'bury, TX » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:04 pm

Big Dog - Thanks for the link! I printed it out & will look at those things when I get home from work.

Donny M - I know where Oakwood is. I have some property off of FM831 west of there. I'll let you know if I get in trouble after checking things out.

hr's49cub - Nope, not I. We just bought this house remodeling is all done. And I don't even have a 5th wheel!

Thanks all,
\s\ Robert
'51 Cub w/ Woods 42 Mower

'49 Cub for parts

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:14 pm

Robert,

Part of my place is on 831 about 3 miles or so off of 542.

Return to “Farmall Cub”