This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hood Attachment

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Hood Attachment

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:28 pm

I'm wondering if the upper hood is supposed to be bolted to the radiator supports on my '67.

What's going on here is the doglegs don't mate up with the holes on the front casting; they're at least 1/2" too high. The hood itself is a little beat up along the front edge, but it doesn't look like it's out of shape enough to account for the doglegs being so far out of place.

It's about the same on both sides.

The holes for the headlight wiring and post in the doglegs are lined up with the holes in the main hood, and the grill fits well.

When I last had the grille off, I noticed that someone had bolted the main hood to the radiator support using old 1/2" 6-point sockets as spacers. It's unclear from the parts manual if the hood was originally bolted down in this location.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:39 pm

It sounds like somebody used parts off of an early model Cub. I dont know the year of change but there are long & short for dash and hood parts.
Then came Bronson

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:08 pm

Just to clarify a bit, this is the "square" style hood that ran from '64-'79.

Return to “Farmall Cub”