This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What do you use for paint?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:40 pm

I think its the same as bigdogs & Mr. willer's
6.5x16 brake on one axle when i put 2 on it i use a load leveling hitch am not sure but I think its rated for 6500lbs.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:58 am

My two cents Allen,

I hope I don't make anyone cringe but I used Rustoleum's Specialty Paint IH Red #7466 to paint my '48. I used a Rustoleum undercoat for rusty metal on both bare metal and "cleaned up" parts. I'm very very happy with the results. The finish paint came from Agway, approx $4.49/can.

I don't know how well it will hold up but I had the same aim in mind as you. I want it to look nice but I plan on using it too.

BTW, I have a brand new set of 4.00 x 12 3-rib tires that I bought from Tuckertire if anyone is interested. I decided to go with implements after I bought them to avoid tearing up the lawn. They come with tubes and I paid $55.00. Please e-mail me if interested.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:51 pm

Dogman wrote:I think its the same as bigdogs & Mr. willer's

Yep! Pretty close. Sometimes it hauled a Cub and a half without the equalizer hitch. The H and M are a little wide for it.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”