This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Using the rear scoop

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:39 pm

There was a posting on one of the lists about a year or so ago about someone having one, but that's the first one I've seen. At least 2 sets of front weights, maybe 3.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Do you build these yourself?

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:29 pm

Do you guys weld these things up yourselves?

I have been looking to get a small welder, something that runs on 120V if possible. I know someone will say "get the 240V and you'll never look back", but I don't plan to weld myself a new truck (or the trailer that I need), I just want to be able to do something like add teeth to a bucket if I want to...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:49 pm

Mine was manufactured, Jim made his off the measurements from mine. His is better made than mine.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:54 pm

Yep I went to a metal shop with John's plans and had them cut out all the parts and drill the holes then came home and welded it up.
A buddy of mine back in about 1960 made a welder out of a transformer from a drive in theater movie projector. It made the spark between the carbon rods for the light on the projector. 110 volts.
We had 2 M Farmall's with 3 disk plows. We put what they called back in them days a power pack in the engine. Bigger sleeves pistons etc.
So we made the plow beam longer so we could add a 4 disk to each plow. We welded the extension onto the beam with that welder. It was very slow and we did a lot of chiping slag. They both held up till the farm equipt was all sold. That beam must have been 3 or 4 inches or so square. The welder is what get's it done not so much the welding machine. I sure would like to see those 2 M's one behind the other dad in front and me behind making a pretty wide cut. He would be 104 this year and I'm 66. Time fly's.
Young man for work, old man for advice

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:01 am

Jim, do you think the teeth on your scoop would have worked as well if they were mounted on the bottom rather than inside the scoop? Then they would not interfere as much with the dirt sliding out of the bucket.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:16 am

Yep! But the scoop was mounted when I welded them on so it was less trouble. That was the second set I tried. The others were flat made from old lawnmower blades. Then if I was scooping saw dust from a cement floor which must be about all it was made for it would do better with them on top. When I get the bypass block on and a cylinder to give it lots more stroke it will be fine. Then it will lift more and I can add weight to make it dig in. But I have discovered a poor man has poor ways. You know Wrengers had one for $350 one time. That was a bargan. Wish I had bought it.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”