This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulics Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tom CA Cub '49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulics Question

Postby Tom CA Cub '49 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:33 pm

In looking over the hydraulics unit on my '48 cub, I noticed that there is a circular piece of metal that is covering a hole on top of the unit. It is loose and I can easily lift it out. It does not look like it is the correct cover for this hole, but I could be wrong. It certainly does not look like it will keep an airtight seal of this hole. Am I missing some piece of the hydraulics unit?

Thanks,
Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:30 am

This is a soft plug just like the ones use in car engines.
I would take it out & clean things up & replace it.
Or if it is still in good shape you could maybe reset it.

To set a soft plug take one ballpeen hammer put the ball side in the center of the plug then take another hamer and tap the ballpeen hammer not to hard. Repeat till the plug is tight.
At this point the center of plug will be dimpled alittle.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:23 am

Dale is correct about the plug. One thing to note, it does not have to be air tight, just keep the dirt out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”