This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Rebuild **Help**

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic Rebuild **Help**

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:47 am

Need help with the Touch Control Hydraulics as I am almost finished, but have run into a problem. I can't seem to be able to remove the PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE SEAT. :x It is the piece underneath the piece (pressure regulator valve) that looks like a toy "top". I have the old style Touch Control (1949) and it seems that the seat is threaded and you could use a large flat-head screw driver to remove it. I need to remove this in order to replace that 1 seal. :? Please let me know how you guys have solved this problem in the past. :roll:
Thanks,
-Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:58 am

Eric,
Sorry I can't help you with your question but where did you get the kit? I need to do the same on my 54. It's getting pretty jerky, almost impossible to use the grader blade.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:03 am

You can get the kit from your local dealer, or on line at Carter & Gruenwald http://www.cngco.com You will need the number off your touch control unit.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:19 am

I did one of those last year, and found that some parts had to be removed with a strong wand magnet. The piece you are talking about, is it still in the block after you remove the pressure reg. valve or is it inside the pressure reg. From what I remember that piece just pulled out easy.
I'll check my book and get back to you again.
Just Do It !

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:31 am

Thanks for the help, but last night I was able to get the piece out by using a old machinist's wedge that acted like a giant 1" flat head screw driver. All I did was put an adjustable wrench on it, with a piece of pipe for leverage and it came right out. :D Didn't think it could be that easy. No I have to remove some broken bolts from the bottom of the block assembly as some sheared off when I was torking them to 35 ft/LBS.
THanks for the help,
-Eric

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:30 am

Eric,

Those bolts that sheared off, are they replacements? Did you make sure they are of the proper grade for handling 35lbs. torque? There should be a chart in your manual that will tell you which grade of bolt use for the different torque specs. For instance, the head bolts must be Grade 8, to handle I think, 45lbs. if you use a softer bolt, you will get a lesson in how to remove the broken ones. Plus, I found if you increment your torque wrench in steps of 5lbs. or even 1lbs. when you are getting near the end you'll be much safer in not breaking them.

Good luck.
Just Do It !

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:47 am

Those bolts to hold the bottom plate on were the original bolts. Weird that they sheared, probably due to age. I just bought the same size bolts at Home Depot that are grade 8. They shouldn't break at 35 LBS. Now I just need to spend some time and remove the broken bolts. Thanks for all the help.
-Eric

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:18 am

Eric, i couldn't find it just now, but I believe there has been previous discussions that some of the manuals state 35 pounds for the bottom bolts, and some only state 17 foot pounds. Considering the size bolts I would be hesitant using 35 pounds, even with grade 8. Might strip the threads in the holes.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”