This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Missy is working for a living

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Missy is working for a living

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:42 pm

Missy has had a pretty easy life all summer, grading roads, occasionally using the dirt scoop (quite a challeng with a hand lift), driving around, even got a ride to Red Power. I was needing to make a little more serious use of my dirt scoop, so I decided it was time to switch some implements around. The dirt scoop was moved from missy to my 48 (has hydralics) and the Mott Flail was moved to Missy. Did all this yesterday, and it took me all day to do a job that used to take a couple hours.

This morning I gave Missy a try out on the flail. Ran in 1st for the first 15 minutes, and then went to second and let her run. I quit aobut 11 when the temp got to 96. Missy performed flawlessly. Cub-Bud and Bud sr., ya did a good job.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:10 pm

No copperheads this time around ??

Its great to just set the throttle, and let them work. The c60 is a great little engine and seems to run very cool at working rpm.

Thanks again for the great videos.

Mike

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:54 pm

John is your floor deck (Platform) painted black or is that a rubber mat?.
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:30 pm

John,

It's a ways down the road, but a little planning right now wouldn't hurt...

Since I've never run a Mott, and have one to restore, I have two questions about your setup.

Since the mower height doesn't have to be changed often, does the mower balance well enough or can the hand lift be adjusted well enough to use the hand lift?

Is there ever a time when you wish for more power?

Your answer will determine whether I use the higher horsepower engine from the 154 on a hand lift tractor.

I value your opinion.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:21 pm

Johnbron, since I am a little nervous about getting around and slipping, the black is non skid paint available at most hardware stores. I have it on the floor pan (sorry to mess up your paint job Bud) and on the pedals. Also there is a patch of it on the mower where I step getting on and off.

George, the spring on the handlift is easily adjustable to balance the Mott. I have found however that if you leave the spring adjusted to the point that it requires just a little pressure to lift it there is less beating of the lever when you have the mower off the ground. The 48 inch Mott requires about the same or slightly less power than a 42 inch Woods. I have a spot in the lower part of my yard where there is a wet weather spring that I wish for more power, however my flail is used for rough cutting (weeds, brush, roadside with rocks, etc.) and the blades are always dull. A flail is bad to wrap up if you get into tall stringy grass such as Fescue up to the axles, but this can be remedied by making a high pass and then a low one. Also they are a real pain if you happen to wrap up about 30 feet of Gaucho barb wire. :lol: I paln to bring mine to Cubarama, and there may be a place to try it out if you can make it. I also am planning to take it to Mo Red Power the week before cubarama.

About the only time I have had a problem with the handlift is using the rear scoop. Just to much to lift.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”