This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Now that I'm started, where do I go?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:38 pm

I'm innocent I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been framed!!!!!!!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:44 pm

Bigdog wrote:I'm innocent I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been framed!!!!!!!

Ain't Paint Shop wonderful? :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:05 pm

I feel so badly that my grandson, Bigdog, has been so badly maligned. After all, he's just doing what he's been taught... and he learned so well.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

What kind is that doggie in the window?

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:25 pm

So, what kind is that doggie in the window?

I guess you could say that, if he's doing "retrievals", specifically of antique tractors, then he must be an... Olden Retriever!
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:23 am

Allen,

I haven't been a cub owner for very long and have been a forum member for even less. I guess my advice to you is that there is a wealth of information that I've found on the web from parts to manuals to some very sound guidance. In this site, you'll find just about everything that you need to know from some very experienced, kindly and enthusiastic people.

Perhaps one of the greatest web sites that I've stumbled on is the following. You probably have it already but I'll post it anyway.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html

Regarding maintenance. I do consider myself pretty handy but certainly not very knowledgable when it comes to tractors. In the four months that I've owned "Henry," I've taken him apart down to the drive train and feel that I'm now pretty well experienced to answer many of the mechanical questions that you might have. Where I'll fall short is in the internal questions (spark problems, compression, etc.) since I just haven't owned him that long yet.

Anyway, feel free to e-mail me if you have anything specific and I'll try to help you out. scottlisagibson@verizon.net

BTW, $700 for your package was a great deal. You should consider yourself very lucky. I paid $800 for Henry (1948 S/N 53xxx) and he came with an IH C3 belly mower, alot of rust too. Unfortunately, he wasn't feeling very well when we trailered him home and we weren't sure he would wake up. I took him home cleaned him out real good and thankfully he decided that he had some fight. I mowed with him for about a month and then decided to start restoration. It only took me about a week to completely strip the tractor which is a nod to its simplicity. I'm doing a very amateur restoration since I just want him to look nice while he's working. Also makes the neighbors smile.

The other great thing about Henry is the people you talk to. On this site for one but I can't believe the people in my area that just stop by to look and to remember. It started when Henry was on the trailer on the way home. We were at a traffic light and one of the area "old timers" gave us the thumbs up and wished us good luck. Pretty cool.

I was never planning on buying a Henry and sort of stumbled on him out of plain ol' dumb luck. Even though he's just a big lawn mower now, I plan to snow plow with him and just enjoy...

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Old-times...

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:21 am

Thanks ScottyG... It's funny you mention your trailering Henry home - I had the same experience. Many people came over to the trailer when I made a few stops and wanted to know how old the tractor was and if I wanted to restore it.

Everyone seemed to know "someone that had one like it once."
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”