Potato Planter

Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:17 pm

Hey guys:

I had heard of these but have never seen one. Does anyone know anything about the potato planters that were pulled by a horse and then later by tractors????

I have my potato digger now, so the planter would be a nice implement to have. Any info y'all have on these units would be great :idea: :!:

Potato planter

Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:47 pm

Rudi, I have a pull behind potato planter made by IH that I plan to restore.
My digital camera is not working at this time but when I get it repaired I will post some photos. Bob Roraback

Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:26 pm

Rudi, It's not a real great picture and you'll have to excuse the green thing pulling it - but here's one:

Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:29 pm

Bob:

Thanks, will look forward to your pics of the planter?

BD:

Ahhhh yuuup, I can see it, not all that clearly, but it is there. Too bad there is a green thingamagig blocking the view :roll: :lol:

Are all or most of them the type that you would have someone sitting on it to make sure the taters fall into the holes correctly????

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:12 pm

Hi All

I would love to have that GREEN thing. I like having both, because it always looks like Christmas time all year round. I like all tractors old new. color don't matter none. I don't think I would want anything from China like what is show in Northern tool . UH-HO I am in trouble with you folks now !! Paul K. in N.H. :oops: