This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bingo Is Running Rough

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Bingo Is Running Rough

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:33 am

Dad's cub, Bingo, is running very rough ONCE you can get him started. :? He is very hard to start when cold and, after running a while, will not start after engine reaches op. temp. and fuel starts dripping from the carb. Here is what I know:

Mag is firing on TDC compression stroke on #1.

Using champion D21 spark plugs; new plug wires; mag as been reworked. Plug wires are connected in the right order.

Fuel is getting to the carb. I removed the carb and cleaned it twice; no better.

I have checked the fuel level in the float bowl...OK there.

The carb and intake are good and tight.

The only thing I haven't done is double-check the valve adjustments. I am going to that later today. I will add that we did not have this problem until we had to replace the head. Before that, the tractor started fine and ran like a champ. Anything else I have overlooked I might need to check :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:47 am

Rechecking the valve clearance is probably a good step at this point. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would go back to the fuel level in the carb bowl. Even though you have been over it, the symptoms seem to go along with too high. Did you check the level with a clear tube attached to the drain? Some small clue might have gotten past you on the earlier inspections:

- leaking float
- sticky or damaged float valve needle or seat
- leaking float valve gasket
- float dragging on side of bowl
- bowl gasket interfering with float movement
- float pivot pin binding
- probably others.

I would attach a tube to check the fuel level and leave it on the tractor until it acts up. That way you can see the actual level when it acts up.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:37 pm

After alot of head-scratching and thinking, we found the problem with ole' Bingo. Seems the crimp-on ends on the plug wires were not making a good connection with the wires which was not allowing "good fire" to get from the mag to the plugs. Dad changed the ends to the ones that have the metal spikes that are pushed into the end of the wire. Rusty never sounded so good :!: :D

A big THANK YOU to Russ Leggitt for getting us on the right track....thanks Russ. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”