This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Axle Oil Level - Lo-Boy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
amecks
Zip Code: 13080
eBay ID: grafvonv
Tractors Owned: 1958 International Cub LoBoy

Rear Axle Oil Level - Lo-Boy

Postby amecks » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:20 pm

Hi - new guy here - I bought a Cub Lo-Boy with three blade mower, snow plow, turf tires, weights and chains. I 'll be using it at the three acre lot we will soon be moving to. I have an owner's manual for a Farmall Cub. This has been a great help. But the rear axle arrangement is different on a Lo-Boy. Can someone send pics from their owners manual or at least send a description of where the level, and fill plugs are? I am assuming that to drain it you would take off the stamped cover as on a Cub. There's a square socket plug at the rear middle of the axle. Is this the level plug? Here's a pic of me unloading it a couple weeks ago. I'll send a pic soon of the tractor when it's been cleaned and fixed up some. Image

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:50 pm

Al, you have it right. Empty them by removing the pan. The plug on the back, just below center, is the filler and level. Each will hold either 1 3/4 pint or 1 1/2 quart, depending on which manual you look at.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:56 am

Jim: Do different manuals vary so much on volume of fluid which they recommend or is there a typo? Is there a difference in volume between regular cubs and lo-boys? Dan

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:33 am

In this case, I think one or the other is probably a typo. The smaller amount is about right for a Farmall. I'll guess the larger amount is about right for a Lo-Boy.

Once in a while IH discovered they were not quoting a correct amount and changed the books. Don't know of that happening with the Cub.

Return to “Farmall Cub”