This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub-144 Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
9mules
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub-144 Question

Postby 9mules » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:44 pm

I purchased my '48 with a set of cultivators...later to find out they're 144.
I've now noticed that of the 6 spring trips....3 are designed 1 way and then the other 3 are designed another.
Page 6 of the manual shows a good example....the springs are small and vertical compared to the other 3 that are fatter and angled at a close 45 degrees.
Any answers to this puzzle would be appreciated.
Thanks,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:25 pm

The Cub cultivators came with the type with the vertical spring. As far as I know, that is the only spring trip used on them. If your other trips are the style I think they are, they were used on other cultivators (seemingly mostly on older units, more often on shifting gang types). They should work fine as long as the length fits with where they are being used.

9mules
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 9mules » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:32 am

Thanks Jim, I'm learning something new everyday.

Return to “Farmall Cub”