This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Crazy idea for mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Crazy idea for mower

Postby Greg » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:11 pm

My mott mower is missing the roller along the rear. Given the high cost of replacement, I was thinking of bolting a few small wheels (like lawnmower wheels) to the sides to keep the mower out of the dirt, but I wonder if I can find wheels strong enough for the weight of the mower. Any thoughts??

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:23 pm

What about a piec of pipe with bearings on each end and a shaft through the middle?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mott mowers

Postby David D. smith » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:50 pm

I have 2 Mott flail mowers. A 6 footer for behind my 8N and a 4 footer for mid mount on my Cub #2. Both have bad bearings in the roller. The 6 footer broke the shaft last week. The bearings have less than a years use on them. A very bad design. I am thinking of welding the shaft solid to the roller and installing pillow blocks on the outside. But that will still put the bearings where they are subject to dirt and moisture.
Or I was thinking of welding the shaft to the roller and using solid blocks to run the shaft in. Possibly use teflon or wooden blocks like are used in discs. They would be very cheap and easy to change.
I was told before I bought them that I would get tired of changing bearings. I do like the nicer cut you get from the flail mowers.
What do any of you think?
Dave <*)))><

Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Greg » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:37 am

John,

I kinda like your idea of pipe w/ shaft thru it. I'll play around with this.

Return to “Farmall Cub”