This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Woods 59CH??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Woods 59CH??

Postby Donny M » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:50 pm

Just bought a Woods 59CH for one of my Cub's (don't know which one yet). When I talked to the sales guy and told him what I wanted he asked "how good is the engine?" Both of my running Cub's have been totaly rebuilt and have strong engines. I won't get it until the end of July.
The price was $1,155 including the casters and shipping :!: :!: :!: Best price I've seen anywhere.

On the way home I got thinking :idea: :?: :?: Maybe I should have bought the 42 instead of the 59. What do the experts think :?: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:57 pm

Donny, if your engine is strong, you'll have no problems. That does sound like a good price.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:05 pm

:oops: :P

Well from the way you described how much mowing you had to do I think you would have been better off getting a Baler. :twisted: :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:13 pm

It depends upon what you want to do. The 42 is a single shaft mower with two pivoting blades, like a bushhog. Good for cutting brush or high weeds.

The 59 has three separate fixed blades on three separate shafts or spindles. Much better for cutting a lawn or short grass. Will give you a better, smoother cut.

The 42 comes with a free wheeling clutch for the PTO pulley, the 59 does not. Because the blades on a 59 will always be connected to your drive shaft, putting in the clutch won't disengage the blades, only stopping the movement of the tractor will do that. The inerta of the blades will make stopping a little more difficult and longer. Just get used to it before you mow close to a creek bank. I'm jealous, been planning on a 59 for several years. Just need to bite the bullet I guess.

I figure a good restored Cub and a new Woods will last me the rest of my lifetime. Sure beats a $1K Wallyworld riding mower that may last me much shorter.

The 59 can be ordered with high suction blades instead of the standard blades. If you are cutting grass, you may want the high suction blades. If you are mowing rough areas with loose dirt or gravel, then you want the standard suction blades.

The price sounds really good. Where did you get that price if you don't mind?
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:38 pm

JB,

I only mow about 4 acres right now. The other 23 are cut and bailed by my neighbor. He has helped me out a bunch. He cuts and bails and keeps the hay for now but once I get a barn and critters things will change some.

Yo's Dad,

Sent you an e-mail with the particulars. :wink: :wink:

Almost forgot :oops: :oops:

Thanks Bigdog for making me feel better about my purchase. :D :D

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:25 pm

Donny, my new Woods 59 CLF works very well on my Loboy--plenty of power (I had some misgivings, too). I guess you just have to have a healthy engine, and if yours is newly rebuilt, you should be in good shape. BTW, I think you got an outstanding price. I paid just over $1300 inc. casters, and I thought THAT was a good price.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Return to “Farmall Cub”