This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

electrical contd.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
fireman27089
10+ Years
10+ Years

electrical contd.

Postby fireman27089 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:56 am

Based on the advice that I got from my last post, I went out and bought a new 6v battery. The Cub cranks over now, and I also cleaned out the cut-out with a vaccum, and touched up the contacts. The cut out is working fine now, but when I was removing it, I noticed a wire coming out of the main harness that led to nowhere. There were no terminals that I noticed that were lacking a wire, and the headlamp wires are accounted for. Any thoughts on where this wire goes? Also, from my last post, I learned that the cut-out was only found on the pre-1950's models, but the serial # on the tractor indicates that it's a 1951.........?? There is still an electrical drain somewhere, because when I am attaching the neg. battery terminal, there is a little arcing even though the main power switch is off.

Thaks,
Bruce Clark
The only dumb questions are those never asked.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:07 am

First of all, are you connecting the battery with the positive to ground? You will have to start disconnecting wires one at a time and then connecting the battery to see where the current drain is. Once you have found the wire that is carrying the drain, trace it back to the source of the problem.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”