This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

One Step Foward....Two Steps Backwards!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

One Step Foward....Two Steps Backwards!!!

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:45 pm

I went to Dad's this afternoon to finish the wiring on Bingo.....we have had non-charging situation we have been working on. Needless to say, the new voltage regulator did not solve the problem...more on this a little later. Anyway, after installing the new VR, we start Bingo and coolant/water blows out the exhaust :!: :shock: The head will go to the machine shop for re-surfacing tomorrow. We knew what the problem was before we took the head off....#4 impression in the head is real thin around the top. We were hoping we had enough "meat" to make a seal but, I guess not. If Mr. Machine Shop can't repair, we will replace the head.

Back to the wiring problem. I need someone to check my connections for correctness. I have wired Bingo the same as Rusty, my '49 FCUB, and there is no charging problem with Rusty. I suspect we have a ground problem. Anyway, here are the connections.

A terminal on generator is connected to the GEN terminal on volt. reg.

F terminal on generator is connected to the F terminal on volt. reg.

L terminal on volt. reg. is connected to the terminal on the light switch just below the fuse holder (the lights work).

BAT terminal on volt. reg. is connected to the NEG side of the ammeter.

POS side of ammeter is connected to starter.

The generator was tested by A&T Rebuilders and tested good.

Any ideas :idea: :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:33 pm

I can't help you with the wiring, but I do have an extra head if needed. Jack.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:00 pm

Your wiring all sounds right. You can double check with the diagrams on the ATIS Cub FAQ (if you can get to it). I suspect you have a problem with grounds somewhere in the system. Don't forget that nice paint doesn't conduct any better than rust.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:50 am

Thanks, Jack. Dad has decided to buy a head from JP's.

Thanks, Jim. I suspected a ground problem and we may have found it. The generator mounting bracket was painted off the tractor so, there is paint on it and on the block where it makes contact. Dad has removed the paint from both areas and we are awaiting the replacement head ordered from JP's. Mr. Machine Shop will not guranatee anything.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”