This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need Cub transmission bearing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
aswartz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Need Cub transmission bearing

Postby aswartz » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:17 am

Hello to all,

Does anyone know where to find the Cub transmission upper shaft rear bearing? I refer to the roller bearing next to the PTO clutch/collar, in the case wall between the transmission and differential, IHC number 352402R91. I replaced this five years ago, but again need it, and now it seems to be unavailable.

OR, has anyone made a successful substitution?

Thanks for your help,
Alan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:32 am

has anyone made a successful substitution?

How about a substitution, vast improvement, and saving money at the same time? That roller bearing and its' need for proper orientation for lubrication and the fact that it runs directly on the shaft must have been designed by a rookie engineer!

If you have a way to reduce that area of the shaft to .787" diameter (just a few thou), you can substitute a New Departure 3LO4 or SKF 6004 and have a real and proper bearing.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

aswartz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aswartz » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:33 pm

Amen! That stock bearing is the oddest thing I've ever seen in a lifetime of playing with cars and tractors. Rookie indeed, with no inner race and poor lubrication.

Judging from my vernier caliper, .787" is about the diameter of the PTO spline, so this should work. I have two old shafts on which to practice, so here we go to the machine shop!

This will also be the second time in five years to replace the shafts, thanks to the PTO splines wearing into a taper that won't stay engaged. Do you guys have a fix for this too?

THANK YOU!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:50 pm

aswartz

Look at FAQ number 4 at this url http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq_2.html#q4
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”