This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mowing Deck I.D.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Mowing Deck I.D.

Postby Harold R » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:22 am

Need a little help identifying the mowing deck on the pictures below. I gave it away to Dan England and he's trying to refurbish it. I think it came with the tractor in 1974. My guess is that it's a IH, but I didn't get any manuals on it, as I bought the whole set-up in a scrap yard. The pictures don't give a clear look at it but I bet some of you would be familiar with it. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:05 am

Harold:

I don't know much about mowers, buuuut! it looks an awful lot like the Danco mowers built for IH - ie the C-2 and the C-3.

Check out the Implement Manuals. You might be in luck...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Belly Mower

Postby Dan England » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:01 pm

Rudi: I do not think that the mower is either C-2 or C-3. It has the octagon shape like the C-2 but does not have a full skirt. A one-inch skirt encircles the deck (see picture in JR's post). It does not have wheels or skids. It has a 42 inch cut. I hope someone can identify the brand of this mower. Dan

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Postby Bob Hawley » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:39 pm

My deck is a Danco with C-1/C-2 on it. I asked earlier in the year about identification. I ended up talking and showing pictures to the IH dealer and I got parts for a C-2 and it is working great. Thanks to Rudi's info. I don't believe the pictured deck is a C-2 or C-3 if mine is id'd correctly. I have a 3 inch skirt around mine with wheels on supports attached directly to the deck. I'm sorry I can't narrow it down.
Bob Hawley

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Belly Mower

Postby Dan England » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:03 pm

Bob: Thanks for the info. It supports my belief that the mower is not the C-2 or C-3 by Danco. Hopefully, many forum members will see this post after Red Power Roundup is over and someone will be able to identify the mower. Dan

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:30 pm

Looks just like the Danco C2 I have. The dealer still has the skids and side shields. I had a dealer locate the front shield from someplace out West. The back shield I still need is not to be found new. I emailed every IH dealer in the nation with a web site and they all said they could not get it. The manual is on Rudi's site. Mine has been reinforced with 2 short angle irons near the pulley. Image
Look at this from the Farmall Cub site. http://www.farmallcub.com/ih_mower_deck.htm
Young man for work, old man for advice

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Belly Mower

Postby Dan England » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:04 pm

Jim: The pictures which you provide look very similar to my mower. I will check tomorrow but I now believe that it may be the C-2. Dan

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:46 pm

I think that's the one. The pulley set and mounting bar look identical. If you took the skids and skirting off of it, looks like a match on the mower.

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Postby Bob Hawley » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:59 am

hr, Looks as if I mislead you, sorry about that. I have a couple of pictures of mine, but i don't know how to post them on here. Again I'm sorry for my previous answer. Bob
Bob Hawley

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Belly Mower

Postby Dan England » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:20 pm

Bob: Each person who comments plays a part in finding the solution. Like you, I felt certain that it was not a C-2 until Jim posted the pictures. Perhaps your comments, and mine, caused Jim to post the pictures which solved the problem so comments are always appreciated. Thanks to all of you. Dan

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:53 pm

Dan:

Glad you were able to identify the mower. Now here is my problem.

:cry: I can't find one :!: :!: :!: :cry:

I am going to continue to look and see what I can dig up. Looks like I may have to take a trip to Bangor to see what is available there. :idea:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:41 pm

Rudi that's a super good mower. They say it's not a grooming mower but it does a good job for me with the skids set at the right height to eliminate scalping. It want leave a weed standing like my Toro Zero Turn 60 inch cut will with sharp blades. The C2 will mow down anything your tie rods can push over, just raise the deck and it will mow bush's that you want to bend tie rods pushing over. The one hanging up was a picture I got from JP Tractor a few years back. I bet you can drive down to see TM Tractor and get one. I don't think he ships stuff that heavy because of freight.

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:55 pm

I jutst picked one up at RPU this weeek! Mine doesn't have a square tube were the idealers mount; it is round? I believe it is a C-2 though. I was wondering, my pulley hits the rear lift mounting pad, do I need to remove it?
Also, is there supposed to be a cover immediately in front to the spindle housing? I am going to check out Rudi's site before I ask to many more questions!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:02 pm

Jim:

Em said that we might contemplate a trip stateside next summer :D :!: :idea: :D I am keeping my fingers crossed. If I find anything useful, it would be worth renting a trailer to bring it on home! If I do get stateside, there are a number of people I want to be able to visit - yup you is on the list as well as a whole bunch of friends here on the forum!

May have to go and see Tom too!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:09 pm

Rudi if you could get some of the folks to post some sites like this one near where you will be traveling and then monitor them as the time to depart nears you may find a C2 mower. I bet you could buy site unseen if the price was right and a seller may keep for you till you could pick it up. I think spindle parts are still available. I know the blades are. It has the free wheeling clutch that want make you run into the tree. I'm looking for some type of disk. Either the 4 gang pull type or one of the old horse drawn with the seat on it.
http://www.ncagr.com/paffairs/class.htm

Return to “Farmall Cub”