This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cubfest commentary

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Cubfest commentary

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:16 am

Well, Cubfest has come & gone. We all had a great time and I just wanted to make a couple of comments and also take time to thank "Farmer" Robinson and his lovely wife Diana for their gracious hospitality and all the preparation they put into Cubfest. The weather was beautiful as you can see from the pictures. Also wanted to thank Mike Tiemann for opening the technical seminars with his practical demonstration on fuel supply issues vs. poor starting. Next time, he'll be sure the gas is turned on. :oops: :oops: Just kidding Mike.
We did not have a tightly scheduled program to follow which allowed for a lot of informal discussion to take place which I know can be very informative and enlightening. We were able to troubleshoot a couple of problems and share some hints. Barb Dotson even said she learned something so I know it was a good program.
The field time was great as well. It has been a long time since I turned a furrow and it was very enjoyable to me. Thanks again to Steve B. for the use of his cub and plow.
I can't overlook the social time either. We had good food and good times together. The Dotson Inferno (campfire) was welcome Saturday night as the temperatures dropped a little. And the pizza party was fun as well.
There are rumors floating around that say Cubfest will be held here in the heart of Ohio next year. I promise I will endeavor to put together something for next year. Besides, it gives me a whole year to clean my shop and I may be able to reach the back wall by then. If anyone has suggestions as to what kind of demonstrations or discussions they would like to see, please post your suggestions so we can put something together something that will be useful and interesting.
I'm sure some of the others will have input as well but I just want to close by saying that those who feel I had an unfair weight advantage in the pull will just have to learn to live with it! :P :P :P

Thanks again to all who made this year's Cubfest a success!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:44 pm

OK guys, let's try to schedule Cubfests farther apart. I (Cathy) just can't handle 2 Cubfests in 1 week! PLEASE.

David C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47141
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub, 1970 135 Massey Ferguson, 1970 175 Massey Ferguson, 1964 Cub Cadet Model 70. 1977 Farmall 140 (Granpa's)

Postby David C » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:18 pm

Farmer, Just wanted to say my uncle and I had a great time saturday at the Cubfest, thanks!!!

David C.
I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:25 pm

mmmmm..my street atlas tells me that it's 640 miles to Stoutsville. a scant 40 miles further than Sussex, NB......mmmmmmm... count me in!!!!

i'm with Lurker Carl, though. a little further apart with the dates.

Time to RAID BigDog's stable of cub's! :!: :lol: :!: :lol:
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:59 pm

Well, I sorta agree on that one. I thought that having them close in dates would be a good idea :idea: :oops: :oops: :roll: :oops: NOT :!: :oops: :roll:

I am open to suggestions for a good date. I think David and Alton would also be open to other ideas for a good time to hold Cubfest. Gonna make sure that it is after planting and school is out.... that would make things a whole lot simpler for all of us.

It would be nice to be able to host one and go to the other one as well! Imagine :!: 2 CubFests in one year :!: :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:33 pm

Two Cubfests/yr. ain't enough.

I propose that you all show up at Arizona Red Rooster Ruckus next winter.
This is a little distance from the "Cub Center" of the USA, but consider this as an invitation to vist one of the nicest areas of Arizona, and enjoy alot of sunshine and Cub seminars. Lets see how many Cubs we can get out here.

Thanks for the immediate post on my Fuel System Seminar Bigdog. I noticed you had that info up there before you did any other posts :twisted:

Thanks for the excellent pictures from Cubfest 2004. I had a ball. EVERYONE there was very nice people.

My whole trip went great with the exception of narrowly missing major damage from softball sized hail that broke out all the windows in Amarillo's largest hospital and hundreds of vehicles. Winds were being clocked at gusts of 130 mph and funnel cloud sightings were every couple of minutes when I reached Amarillo, TX Monday evening. The storm was pounding the west side of town about seven miles away and moving toward the SW. I turned around and drove back east 70 miles...yes I was going way too fast.. to Alan Reed, TX. (population 52). I parked under a closed service station gas pump canopy and watched lightning and huge clouds for two hours...but no Amarillo radio reception. When I headed west again and had gone about twenty miles, round two of this huge storm hit. The rain was blowing sideways directly from the north. I saw what looked like a speed limit sign blow across the road in front of my truck. No overpasses...the heaviest rain I had ever been in. Later found out fell at a 4+ inch/ hr. rate. It was me the cub hauler, the new Hi-Crop and a line of semis moving about 5 to 10 mph. There was no hail in thi second unexpected round. All this was enough that it woke me up from what otherwise was an enjoyable 15 minute nap.

Special thanks to Farmer and Diana Robinson for making us all welcome, and Steve and Gary for letting me bust some sod.

Let me know about the Red Rooster Ruckus.

Mike

Return to “Farmall Cub”