This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need Help on a New Idea

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Need Help on a New Idea

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:03 am

K guys.

I am sort of out of ideas :idea: here. My brain is too darn tired methinks. :roll:

I need to make a drag so I can haul it behind me Cub. The road the guys are working on is getting kind of bumpy and I cannot have the dozer as often as I nead it -- it has to earn it's keep too :D

Yeah, I could just use a piece of I-Beam with chains and drag it around the yard. Been there, done that :roll: Don't work worth a darn especially ifn you want to be able to stop and turn around without dragging all the rocks with you onto the paved driveway :? :!:

What I want to be able to do is to lift the I-Beam, yet be able to control the angle and the down pressure. I would like to use the tool bars and rear rockshaft.

Any ideas. :idea: :idea: :?:

Will post a quick sketch tonight of what I am thinking, but not sure ifn it is going to work.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:31 pm

belly mount the #54A blade :?: :?: or am i missing something??
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:17 pm

Back in the Oldie days when bed springs were readilly available, you could attached one to a couple of chains and throw a couple of concrete blocks on top and drag that around. The weighted springs would smooth out a gravel drive/road smoother that a babys you know what!

If you can find an old bed springs at a junk shop or some place - give it a try - you'll be suprised.
48 CUB & 52 Super A

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:30 pm

Hi Rudi, If your talking about Cultivator tool bars I think your in buisn. I've sean a couple back blades made of them. They used one shank on each side and bolted the blade or I beam in your case, to each shank. Did the angle by sliding the shank in or out on each side. Alsow seen them made out of plow beams. Many more Ideas floating around. Keep those Gears a turnning "A" "Jack" :idea:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:56 pm

Art:

The 54 Blade is not what I need for this. Would probably break the blade as it is all hard pack and beat down by about 50 trips a day by tandems and tractor trailers. The only thing that will work is a drag. Even a dozer blade don't cut it...... surprising, but the drag is the ticket. Have one for my little Craftsman, but it is too short for the Cub and I can't lift it. It is drug by chains with bricks for weights.

I want to be able to change the angle and be able to lift it at the end of each run.

Oscar:

Yup, seen those to! Still the same problem exists. Can't lift it so it will drag all those fines all over the driveway.... that would be a no-no and Em would kill me fer sure! Btw -- you are right - it works good both in the field and on the road...

Jack:

Yup, sort of along those lines. Now you got me thinkin a bit. A rough sketch via email would be appreciated so I can see what is running in your mind. Right now mine has mostly MUD!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:41 am

Rudi, if you have access to a grader blade I think it will surprise you what it will do. There is a bolt at the rear of the bottom spring that you can move to different holes and change the attack angle on the blade. By moving it all the way to the rear you should be able to set it so the blade will slip over the hard spots, but still move the loose gravel and rocks.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:26 pm

John and Art:

Well ok, as soon as I get the blade in me hot little hands, I will try it and see. But, ifn a TD7-8 can't do it, I am kind of skeptical. I do have tons of work for the blade though :D Can't wait to mount it up!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:46 pm

It won't take on the big packed stuff, but it will let you move the loose around like the drag would, and will still be able to pick it up.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”