This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

One last pre-Cubfest post

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

One last pre-Cubfest post

Postby Indiana Robinson » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:36 am

This is something that I have thought about a lot and almost didn't post but decided to anyway...
In spite of a lot of warm fuzzy nostalgia any farm including this one can be a very dangerous place especially for children. We have an excellent safety record here on this farm and that just didn't happen. It is because we have always worked carefully and supervised any children carefully. Our own children grew up on this farm closely supervised. They were not allowed to just roam at will in barns and around machinery. Our grandchildren likewise are not allowed to come to the farm and just wander and play in the buildings or on equipment. We have been called "over protective" more than once but that is just our way of operating whether anyone else agrees with us or not. I believe the price is too high to even begin to think otherwise. Some how many people (including some of my family) actually believe that just because something has not happened in the past that it will not happen in the future. Just because something has never happened DOES NOT mean it will not happen in the next 5 minutes. Many people quit thinking that way on 9-11... Others quit thinking that way right after someone got hurt. I would rather err on the side of caution anytime.
Over the years we have experienced times when someone would come to the farm and just turn their kids loose and the kids were into everything and climbing everywhere. Sometimes damage was done to property in addition to them being placed at great risk. I just don't that to occur at CUBFEST. Please think of the farm as an extension of our living room and please see that it gets the same respect.
Thanks in advance.
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:37 am

Well said, Farmer. And hopefully, well heeded. Have fun this weekend. Wish I could be there.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall Cub”