This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Light Switch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Light Switch

Postby Paul_NJ » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:25 pm

The coil (resistor?) connecting two terminals on the rear of the light switch is pretty flattened. Can it be replaced? I couldn't find it in the parts manual. What does it do anyway? My Cub is a 12v negative ground.

Thanks
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:11 pm

Paul, that resister is for the dim lights, I'm pretty sure I seen posted where others have replaced them. Try Carter and Gruenwald.
http://www.cngco.com at least I think that's the url. :roll:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 am

Paul, assuming you are talking about the resister that looks like a coil of wire, you can just straighten it and make sure its's not shorted too anything (needs a little sapce between coils). As Partsman said, it's only used when running the lights on dim. If you are talking about a little flat resister on the side of the switch that is left over from when it was 6 volts and is not used on yours.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!