This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub sighting

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Cub sighting

Postby EZ » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:33 am

While out today on the golf course in Hearst Ont., I was walking up the 5th. fairway when I spotted what looks like a '40's model Cub.
Unfortunately the sighting did not help the lousy score I was posting.
Next trip back I will drop in and see what is up with that little beauty.
I'm having a safe bet that Bigdogs' Cub radar won't reach this far north.
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:42 am

EZ,

That far north I think Bigdog uses the Over The Horizon Radar in Moscow, Maine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Stopped in to have a look today. I guess I got a good eye, it's a '49, serial number FCUB 88643. It has a nice belt pulley, touch control, tires look very good, converted to 12v w/coil, looks like it broke in half at one time as the torque tube is welded next to the transmission. No cracks or welds near the bolster ears, newer stainless muffler. The hood has the 2 holes for oiling the gen, I thought these were on later models, perhaps the hood is a replacement. The carb looks to be an excellent shape original. The owner was not home, his wife says she has no idea what he plans for it, she has only heard it run once and it's been sitting a couple years. The paint is in pretty rough shape, with no decals an also has a homemade grill.
Left my number, maybe #3 will come home some day.
Just Do It !

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:15 pm

The oil holes were standard until they went to the alternator.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”