This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Valve removal and replacement

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bwatson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Valve removal and replacement

Postby bwatson » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:03 am

I removed the valves from my cub this weekend so I could lap them in and set them.

I tried 2 or 3 different types of Valve spring compressors and none seemed work well enough to use. I finally ground down the end of a GM distributor wrench and used it to pry the springs up.

Can someone recommend a valve spring compressor that will work on the cub or a homemade tool or technique

thanks

Bobby W.
Shreveport LA
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:09 pm

I use a compressor for small engines. It looks like a capital A. I have turned one set of the shoes and use ti to push the spring up, rather than trying to compress it. Also when you reinstall the keepers, put a little dab of grease on the stem to stick them in place while you let the spring back down.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ron
10+ Years
10+ Years

valve replacement

Postby Ron » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:52 pm

Hi,
I bought a valve compressor from Sears. It is a little large but worked ok for me. It looks like a big "C" with a A on the end.

Ron
1951 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”