Texas Bound!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:56 pm

Well the move is coming up fast so I had to get 49-1 somewhat together. I wish I could have put more presentable clothes on him but time didn't allow.

He will look much better in Oakwood, TX

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:31 pm

Donny,

Have you taken him for a ride on those (apparently) original '49 Firestone tires?

He's looking pretty good and ready for the final paint job. The paint will flow out better in Texas anyway.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:46 pm

Mr. GW,

Yep have taken him for a ride. It's a good thing I don't wear dentures just yet. With those rear tires I would need about a quart of Polly Grip to keep my teeth in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like the looks of the tires but the ride is a little rough. Not too bad on the gravel but the asphalt is a killer.

I don't mind the tank so mush as how the wheels look. Wish I could have finished them here.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:08 pm

Donny, I'm going down to visit some of my in-laws in central Arkansas in about 3 weeks. I would be glad to pick it up and deliver it to you in Texas the next time I come. And you thought Big Dog was generous. :D

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:56 pm

John, are you leaving Missy home alone????? :)

Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:16 pm

Bigdog wrote:John, are you leaving Missy home alone????? :)
Nope, there'll be a couple guards at home, and several along the private road coming in. They get a 10 point bonus on anyone from Ohio.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:20 pm

Donny:

49-1 is lookin real good. Enjoy the trip and hope the Cubs like their new home!