This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Questions, Please help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wehuntsam
10+ Years
10+ Years

Questions, Please help

Postby wehuntsam » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:49 am

Can anyone tell me how the "Differential Bearing retainers" (part # 2, group 7 page 5) should be installed.

There is a small hole, probably an oil passage along the inside rim close to the bearing chase. I thought these holes should be at the bottom but the bolt holes will not line up to allow that. Any ideas?

Also the o ring I purchased for this location is a little large and fits sloppy. The other side was tight. Should I get another o ring and try again?

I kept all the parts seperated and marked as to the side they came from. If I replace the shims back to the orginal location is there anything else I need to consider?

And lastly my cub doesn't appear to have ever had part # 7 or 5 (fender plate support) shown on page 8 or group 13. Did some models come with out this or should I try to locate them? (My cub is a 49)

As always I appreciate any assistance.

Sam

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:02 am

Sam,

I think the holes you refer to should be on top... as a way for the oil to get to the bearing.

The parts you refer to as #5 and #7 fender supports are used only on Lo-Boys.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Peter S
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub
1963 cub

Postby Peter S » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:55 pm

Sam,

The bearing retainers will only fit one way where all the holes line up. There are no choices to be made with regard to orientation.
Peter

1951 Cub, 1963 Cub

wehuntsam
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks

Postby wehuntsam » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:18 am

That's how it appeared to me but my mechanic friend thought they should be on the bottom. As always you guys are great.

thanks.

Sam

Return to “Farmall Cub”