This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another bad Throw out bearing.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

bad bates throw out bearings.

Postby Clark Thompson » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:49 pm

well I have had a few bad bates bearings also. I have figured out that there is very little grease in the sealed bearing. I pop the seal and pack them with good grease. I havent had a problem since i've started this process. I have taken the bearing to the bearing store and was told that the bearing that bates uses isnt the proper bearing to be used, The bearing that is used is designed to have up and down preasure, not side to side preasure, so i have the bearing guy finding a bearing that is designed to have the preasure on the side. He said the bearing will cost alot more but wont burn up like the bearings that bates uses. when i get the new bearing I will post the part number.
also I see some of you have used the aftermarket graphite bearing. Ihave had NO success in useing these foreign bearing, the craphite is too soft and wears out in notime. [/b]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: bad bates throw out bearings.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 pm

Clark Thompson wrote: I see some of you have used the aftermarket graphite bearing. Ihave had NO success in useing these foreign bearing, the craphite is too soft and wears out in notime.
Also I have noticed the IH bearings are oil impregnated, but when you receive the aftermarket ones they are dry.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”