This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SCAM- BEWARE

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harry Goodwrench
10+ Years
10+ Years

SCAM- BEWARE

Postby Harry Goodwrench » Fri May 28, 2004 4:43 pm

:( Just want to let others know there is a scam going on. I have been trying to sell a tractor on the internet and 2 for my freind Tom as he doesn't have internet. It works like this; you get replies via e mail and they state they are an agent for a buyer overseas. They want/insist to send you a check(sometimes a bank check even). They want to send you a check which is in excess of your selling price with requests to forward the excess amount to their shipper. They insist you immediately go cash check and forward excess to their shipper so they can have item picked up. They have NO INTEREST in the item. The sting is if you go cash this bogus check and forward monies, the monies you forwarded are gone and the check is BOGUS. You are left holding the bag so to speak. These guys usually have poor English skills and say they are from all over(UK, Netherlands, Europe, Africa, etc) In the process of trying to sell my Cub tractor I have been inindated with these SCAMMERS. They act real friendly and even offer more than you are asking for the item. I didn't fall for the scam but want to warn others. They all have the same story but different ways of scamming. One was SO STUPID they he/she cut and pasted their other potential victims items onto my e mail. Don't be duped. If it sounds too good to be true it is. :evil:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”