Hood/Tank Joint Seam Weld

Fri May 28, 2004 10:14 am

An unimportant question I have about metal joining. What kind of a machine fuses together such a large area as the hood-to-gas tank seam on the Cubs. All the little sipe-lines on the seam makes me think each line is a hot contact point for a spot welding kind of machine. :?: Dont know if this question is stated clearly but I am sure some of you experienced metal workers will know what the heck I am am "Trying" to say. :mrgreen:

Fri May 28, 2004 10:20 am

Not a metal worker, but I think the machine is called a seam welder. It operates much like a spot welder.