This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1 pt. Fast Hitch VS. 3 pt. conversion

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

1 pt. Fast Hitch VS. 3 pt. conversion

Postby Eric » Thu May 27, 2004 7:46 pm

I have a Worksaver 3 pt. hitch for my '49 Cub, but have recently seen all of these nice implements for the Fast Hitch. Since I haven't yet purchased any 3 pt. implements, should I stay with the 3 pt. of sell it and get the Fast Hitch :?: I even think that Woods and a few other companies make "new" implements with the Fast Hitch 1 pt. hookup. I wanted to use the Cub for mowing, snowplowing, landplowing, and other general landscape maintenance. Any comments/ suggestions appreciated. 8)
-Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Fri May 28, 2004 8:41 am

I went with the fast hitch because it was never really designed to use 3-point.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

Rick ('50, NC)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rick ('50, NC) » Fri May 28, 2004 5:30 pm

Eric,

I have the Worksaver hitch for my '50 cub also. The reason that I decided to go with the 3-point is because I already had a whole array of small 3-point implements (i.e. 4' box blade, 4' scrape blade, etc.) for a small Kubota.

If I did not already have all of these implements, I would have found a complete 1-point I think since it is more authentic.

I suppose that the decision should be based on whether you can find all of the implements that you want/need and all that you think that you may ever want/need for the 1-point.
My worst day on a Cub is better than my best day at the office!

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Fri May 28, 2004 6:37 pm

My Cub came with a fast hitch on it, my uncle had it installed back in the 60's the local woods dealer took it in partial trade on a new belly mower from a cub owner who only wanted to mow. I use it quite a bit to disc with and really like how the fast hitch works. I am toying with the idea of modifying a rear scraper blade and a "York" type rake for it. some of the aftermarket ones are pretty reasonable in price, I know from past experience that you get what you pay for when it comes to implements but we have bigger machines and implements down at my folks place when I need them, its just so easy to move the cub around to do odd little jobs with. We have a worksaver hitch on one of our Allis Chalmers C's and really like how it works, the quality is top notch as well. I don't know what I would do in your situation, I don't know how much attachment's cost in your area but fast hitch stuff is getting really pricey around here. Good luck Welderrx.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Fri May 28, 2004 8:56 pm

I was wondering if you could still operate a belly mower with the Fast Hitch installed :?: I think that it would get in the way. Also, can the grader blade be set-up in the "grading" position with the Fast Hitch installed :?: I think that there is somewhat of a drawbar at the front of the Fast Hitch that allows you to do this. Any comments please.
-Thanks,
-Eric

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 28, 2004 9:31 pm

Eric, you can install a belly mower or mid-mount blade with the fast hitch installed. The substitute drawbar for the grader blade is different with the fast hitch.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Sat May 29, 2004 4:38 pm

So I guess the Fast Hitch is the right one for me. Anyone in the New England area have a Fast Hitch for sale? Willing to trade for a Cub 3-point hitch conversion kit. Paid $450. Same price as some of the Fast Hitches.
-Thanks,
-Eric

Return to “Farmall Cub”