This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Howard gear reduction help needed

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Howard gear reduction help needed

Postby BOB K. » Thu May 20, 2004 12:42 pm

I have a Howard gear reduction unit. Its complete except it seems to be missing the oil seal and oil seal plate or disc that covers the input side of the unit.I called Howard and they said I could get the seal but the plate is no longer made. Can anyone help me with this? Does anyone have a unit not mounted that might be able to trace a pattern and tell me what gauge metal it is. I then might be able to make it. Without it I can't fill it with oil. Thanks, for nay help, Bob K.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Fri May 21, 2004 1:04 pm

Nobody here has the Howard gear reduction for the Cub that can help in any way? I call Howard USA and they can't help me. I was told to see if anyone else has one. Thanks, Bob :cry:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 21, 2004 3:40 pm

Bob, they are fairly rare, and to get the drawing you need will require somone to remove the final drive. Be patient, somone may be able to help you yet. Does that plate also support a bearing?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Fri May 21, 2004 4:09 pm

John, The plate just covers the end so the oil stays in no bearing. The oil seal looks like it mounts to the plate which the final drive shaft goes thru. I will be patient, hopefully someone can help. Just a little excited to get this unit. Like a kid with a new toy. Just hate to think without the cover plate I can't use it. Thaks, Bob :D

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat May 22, 2004 7:30 am

Bob" I have one that I just purchest at an Auction, and was planning to put on shortly. After reading your post , I realise that I have the same problem. However I think your on the right track. I had contacted Rudi by E-Mail about lit and he replied that he had some but hadnot loaded it on his site yet. He has ben very buisy . Short summers create lots of work in short periods of time up there. I'm sure if you E-mail him, he will send you copys of what he has as he will me when time permits. I thought it would be a good idea to make sure i had everything befor i started the job. Thanks for your post . It inlighten me "Jack" :o

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Sat May 22, 2004 11:06 am

Hi jack, I was the one that sent Rudi the manuals on the Howard gear reduction and rotovator. It is a installation and parts manual. It show the parts but they are no longer avalible. The seal is the only part you can still get. If you want contact me off line and I will fax or mail you a copy of the manual. Bob

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon May 24, 2004 8:20 pm

:D Yes , I woul like that very much. I sent you an e-mail, did you get it? "Jack"

Return to “Farmall Cub”