This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

WARNING: Scam when selling large items

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JPatten
10+ Years
10+ Years

WARNING: Scam when selling large items

Postby JPatten » Mon May 17, 2004 2:36 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to warn people about a scam. I posted my tractor for sale on this site and was contacted (e-mail) by someone claiming to be from the UK wanting to buy my tractor. After exchanging a few e-mails with this person I got real suspicious about him. He was not asking any real questions about the condition of the tractor. So I decided to do some research on the internet. This is what I found http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/carsale.asp This describes almost the exact exchange this guy wanted me to do.

My gut feelings were correct.

I think I got the last laugh though. My last e-mail to the guy was requesting him to call me so we could discuss further. I gave him the phone number of the Secret Service that was listed at the bottom of the article above. :lol:

Joe

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 17, 2004 4:13 pm

I have seen several posts regarding this same scam on YTMAG and Red Power Magazine.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”