Magneto question

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Magneto question

Postby John ('48 Cub, Ohio) » Tue May 11, 2004 11:31 am

I have a Magneto equipped '48 Farmall Cub with a Magneto (J-4) problem. I purchased a new rotor, but the gear that drives the rotor is stripped. Carter and Gruenewald didn't have one and neither did JP Tractor (unless I needed an entire Mag, which I'd rather not). I can't find this part described in any of my exploded diagrams or manuals. I've heard that this may be available from some local IH dealers but what is this called? Does anyone have a part number? I need a sure-fire source for this whatzit thingamabob dingus doohickey.

John ('48 Cub, Ohio)
John ('48 Cub, Ohio)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:56 pm
Location: Barnesville, Ohio
Zip Code: 43713

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 11, 2004 11:46 am

I think if you will scrolldown a ways, you'll find thsi same topic has been covered recently. part number is 251526R1 , desctiption is pinion, rotor.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
User avatar
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Posts: 19562
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:09 pm
Location: Mo, Potosi
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby Jim Hudson » Tue May 11, 2004 6:29 pm

Just got one from my dealer.
Number is 251526R1 its called a pinion. Seems like it was around $12
There is a thread on the other Cub board about this.
Young man for work, old man for advice
User avatar
Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:11 pm
Location: Albemarle, North Carolina 28001
Zip Code: 28001

Return to Farmall Cub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hoyt-Clagwell and 6 guests