This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb on Ebay

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri May 07, 2004 8:37 pm

Bruce,

With the exchange rate factored in, that's about what I spent to rebuild one of mine. Rebuild kit, new float and idle tube from CIH, bucket of carb cleaner, assorted sealants and what-not came to a bit over $100 USD. If you factor in the time to do the job, ouch! That carb is in excellent condition, $150 may not be such a bad deal. By comparison, new carburetor for a Tecumseh engine will run $50-$100.

Go for a stroll through Home Depot and take a gander at those 'green' machines selling for $3K. That puts a bit more perspective on the $$$ factor. I doubt many of them will survive much over 10 years, but there seem to be plenty of 50+ year old Cubs doing quite well.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri May 07, 2004 9:10 pm

hr's49,

Sorry about the main jet...I wanted to keep it original. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pretty easy to get it to look like that. Not as easy to make it work as good as it looks. :wink:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Fri May 07, 2004 10:23 pm

Did you wire brush that? Mine are clean, but they sure don't shine like that!! Nice job. I bet the tractor it goes on looks equally as good.
HR

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri May 07, 2004 10:38 pm

Any opinions on which is the better carb..IH or Zenith?

Thanks

Mike

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri May 07, 2004 10:46 pm

HR,

I did wire brush, but only after a dip in a muratic acid bath. I mixed 1 part muratic to 4 parts water and then let it sit for awhile. The carb will turn a nice shade of gray. It shouldn't be left in the bath too long. Once the carb is removed from the bath rinse and rinse and rinse with cold fresh water and then rinse again.
Then use a brass wire brush and you'll be amazed at what happens.

The carb in the picture is just as clean on the inside as on the outside...which, is the most improtant.

This is an old family secret so please keep it to yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

davajones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby davajones » Sat May 08, 2004 9:01 am

I think I get it guys......but that's why I asked! Oh, and that's not the reason I had figured he was selling it either, but in your senerio he's at least honest.
Jonesy

Return to “Farmall Cub”