This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

L-38 FH DISK

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

L-38 FH DISK

Postby bobburke » Fri May 07, 2004 7:43 am

I have a disk made for a reg cub to use on my low-boy.I have used it and it seems to work fine. Looking at the manual on Rudi's site there seems to be some differance in the way the adjustment is designed compared to the one made for the Low-boy tractors. IH would not have gone through the trouble of building two disks if they would work on both. Should I alter my disk to work like a lb disk or leave it alone. I know Jim Becker has a LB disk, maybe he could shed some light on this. I am looking for a LB disk but they are rare in NJ.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:00 am

if you have used it and you are happy with the way it works I would leave it!
Chad

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 08, 2004 12:09 pm

As long as you can adjust it to get a decent job, there is no reason not to use the disk you have on a Lo-Boy. The main thing is to get the inner and outer ends of each gang working at the same depth.

The difference between the 2 coupling beams is that the one for the Lo-Boy couples it in closer to the tractor. I doubt that a Lo-Boy disk could be used on a Farmall (would probably hit the tires). If you needed to load up the disk's weight boxes, the Lo-Boy would probably get pretty light on the front.

Return to “Farmall Cub”