This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FENCE POST PULLER

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

FENCE POST PULLER

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Wed May 05, 2004 7:40 am

I am fabricating a post puller for my loboy. It will work off the fast hitch with hydraulics. I tried wrapping chain around the post and the hitch but it won't generate enough power to yank em up directly 1:1 .
So, I'm working on a gizmo that will pivot on a base behind the post on the ground; pinch the post with a cam type deal against a stop and gain leverage from some length to the lift point. I am reasonably certain this will work. My question is: has anyone done this bofore? Or, any ideas on ratio? I have 60 + posts to pull and I cannot let my 19 year old brain get my 45 year old body(back) in trouble on this one !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 am

Marian, That still sounds like a back-breaker job for a bad back. Assuming that you will be on & off the tractor for each post. I do it the simple cheap way with the old Tall style bumper jack. It will pull t-posts straight up with ease an no bending of post.
Then came Bronson

BAMACUB'ER
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BAMACUB'ER » Wed May 05, 2004 9:28 am

I agree with johnbron on this one. I was just looking at one of those in the valubuilt catalog. Looks like the way to go.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed May 05, 2004 5:40 pm

I agree with JB as well. I use a bumper jack, the kind that fits in a slot in the bumper from early 70's Mopar or Ford. I wrap a chain around the post and hook the chain on the jack. Jack away! It works with metal T-posts and wood posts that have been milled or reasonably round. It won't pull out gnarley wood or cemented posts. Used it extensively over the past month rebuilding a horse ring. Experimented with the 3 pt on a Ford 3000, it just didn't work out. The bumper jack was easier and quicker.

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Thu May 06, 2004 1:41 pm

Harbor freight has one for about $14. Works great on steel T-post and round steel post.

Nice - it's even painted bright orange for when you drop it in the grass.
48 CUB & 52 Super A

Return to “Farmall Cub”