This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What the...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

What the...

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:35 am

So I get the Cub out the yesterday after about a week of not starting it and starts right up, BUT it's smoking. Thought maybe it just needed to warm up a little but nope, she's smoking. Why all of the sudden? Seems to smoke more after about 2 or 3 minutes of idling.

So then I drive it around the yard a little and go to hook up a light wagon to start cleaning up yard waste and discover the clutch is slipping!

It was not a good day for my Cub :shock: .

Guy :(
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:46 am

My 48 (rebuilt about 16 years ago) always smokes a little till it warms up good, and also if I let it idle for very long it smokes until it runs at fast throttle for a while. Regarding your clutch, maybe you're lucky and it just needs adjusting.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:34 pm

I did get a chance to check the adjustment on the clutch, John. It needed tweaking, so I hope that takes care of it.

Have not run it long enough to see what's up with the smoking. But it has never smoked at all before now.

guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Return to “Farmall Cub”